On Jun 3, 2010, at 14:18 , Nader Salehi wrote:
I was told that coded streams have issues when they are larger than
2GB.  Is it true, and, if so, what are the issues?

If you have a single object that is 2GB in size, there are 32-bit integers that will overflow. However, provided that you call .resetSizeCounter() occasionally, I think it should work just fine. I'm certainly using a single Java CodedInputStream per long lived connection without any trouble. Unclear if I've sent > 2GB of data over a single connection though.

Evan

--
Evan Jones
http://evanjones.ca/