Hello,

I am basically following the approach described under Union Types in
the techniques section of the documentation. I am using extensions. I
have found that when deserialising protobuffers in Java it does not
automatically deserialise the extensions. I have to manually create a
registry (I am using protobuf-lite), register all my extensions, and
then pass that registry when deserialising a protobuffer.

Is this the right and only way of handling extensions in Java or am I
missing something? It seems that in C++ the extensions are recognised
automatically? I did not implement the c++ side of our application so
I am not sure about that.

Kind regards,
Wouter