Hi all, I was finally able to write protocol buffers code over REST
and did some comparison with XStream which we are currently uses.
Everything seems great, only stumble with one thing.

We have very large messages in one particular attributes, say
something like this

message Data {
   optional string datavalue=1;
}
Datavalue above are extremely huge text messages. Size is 512kb - 5
Mb.

Protocol buffers deserialize just fine, with superb performance
comparing to XStream. However, I notice when I send this message to
wire (via REST), it took longer to get response. Always twice longer
than XStream. I am thinking this might come from serializing time.

>From google documents, it says Protocol buffers is not designed to
handle very large messages, although it can handle very large data
set.

I was wondering if anyone has some opinion or maybe solution from my
case above?

Thanks