I'm curious if anyone here has used protobuf to serialize DataSets?  I
saw an earlier discussion, but it didn't seem to go anywhere.
If DataSets are not currently serializable, how would I go about
making them serializable?  My main goal here is performance and space,
not necessarily interoperability.  I don't care if the DataSet doesn't
get serialized using a schema of some sort... we could just serialize
the DataSet as an object (for example, a DataSet contains a list of
DataTable objects, a DataTable contains a list of DataRow objects, a
DataRow object contains an array of object values, etc).
Is it possible in protobuf to define a way to serialize a 3rd party
object (one for which I cannot add the protobuf attributes)?

Thanks!
  - Andrew