On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Henner Zeller
<henner.zel...@googlemail.com> wrote:
.> Best for you might be to just link the libprotobuf library statically to
> your binary (that is the *.a file as opposed to the *.so file). This is the
> 'standard' way if you distribute a binary with a library that is typically
> not part of the system in the target configuration

With C++, this is a time bomb and doesn't make you immune to the ABI
mismatch issues I mentioned previously.  If the target machine has a
different version of GCC and the libstdc++ runtime, this will simply
not work.  The resulting explosions may or may not be any more
spectacular.

The only two reliable options, in general, are: ship all the necessary
dynamic libraries except glibc itself, or ship and rebuild source.

Adam