On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM, triStone <liulei1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if I want run the application in another machine, the only solution
> is build protobuf on that machine? And if I have no permission to do
> this, there are no way to make a application which use protobuf work
> fine?

You're building your application, aren't you?  If you can do that, you
can build protocol buffers too.  You might not be able to install it
for everyone on the operating system, but you don't need to do that.
Simply install it in your home area (or some other place you have
write permissions) and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to indicate to the dynamic
loader where it is located.  Things will work just fine.

Adam