Inheritance has a lot of usages in our day-to-day work, and thus
including it into a feature list is a must from my perspective. I have
two use cases in hand right now:
1. Historically we were using another lib that supported inheritance
and a lot of classes were written that leverage this feature. I don't
like that lib, but I can't move to protobuf simply because it doesn't
support inheritance.
2. I need to have a grid structure, that may contain any type: String,
int, double, etc. To do so I'd like to have a List<BasicType> as a raw
in a grid, where BasicType is an ancestor for IntType, DoubleType,
StringType, etc. I can't imagine implementing this elegantly without
inheritance.
__
regards