Regression testing framework based on protobuf serialization format.
What does the framework need to achieve?
1. Record testing cases and save them as protobuf in file.
2. Read testing cases from file by protobuf format.
3. Run testing cases, save the result in file by protobuf format, when all
cases running over, then compare all the results with the expected ones which
are also saved in file as protobuf format.
To achieve the above goals, I have the following questions.
1. Is protobuf comparable? On file it saves in binary format, how to
compare? Since we need to show the differences to developer?
2. If we append all testing cases in one file, how to recover it?
The background is that my project uses XML as data serialization before, but
now we replace it by protobuf, of course the testing framework should also
change, but if change to protobuf, seems many tough problems need to fix.
Possibly google has perfect solutions for the above issues, anybody who has the
idea please attend and discuss, thanks all your help in advance.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Protocol Buffers" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at