Hi all,

I'm writing this to ask if others agree that publishing Protocol
Buffers language and encoding as an IETF RFC would be a good idea.

One of the questions I was asked when suggesting to adopt PB was: "Is
this a standard or just a project that could be abandoned by the
creators/maintainers at some time?" I know it's open source and anyone
could continue to work on the code, but I think publishing it as a RFC
would help it being adopted.

Regards,
Thiago Cangussu