Hi,

I am developing a sniffer that will sniff messages moving between a
message broker and DWH. The messages are written in "protocol buffers"
serialization format. So the message body that I sniff is a byte
string.

How do I decode this message to human readable format?

The sniffer is developed in c# .net .

I tried using System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetString(body) , but extra
character gets added maybe because UTF8 doesn't identify this format.

Thanks.