Comment #14 on issue 336 by eyal.far...@gmail.com: Support generic string type

I'm glad i managed to explain the wstring issue...
As the maintainer answered your request, adding more and more kinds of setters clutters the interface,this is basically what's bothering me about it. Regarding your question about imlementing the utility assignment function without an additional string copy, this is trivial to imlement since gpb provides the mutable_xxx() accessor, so the utility function can use any trick in the book to assign your value into the message's field (incluedingswap), this can be easily done using the plugin approach.