As mentioned in the subject, I'm working on a project that involves
serializing objects to and from a chache.  These objects are going to be
accessible to multiple users, who's accessor programs may be on different
release cycles.  I have been looking into protocol buffers as a way of
managing dataloss/corruption between versions.
  Has anyone used protocol buffers to approach this type problem before?
  Are there any tips from veteren developers that could help me get started?
  Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

  Thanks a lot.