On 05/02/2012 05:08 AM, Daniel Thomas wrote:
On Jun 22 2011, 6:39 pm, "Neil T. Dantam"<mechs...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 06/22/2011 08:29 AM, Thiago wrote:
  >  Hi all,
  >
  >  I'm writing this to ask if others agree that publishing Protocol
  >  Buffers language and encoding as an IETF RFC would be a good idea.

I think a protobuf RFC would be fantastic!

I also think a protobuf RFC would be fantastic.  It would also make
it much easier to specify the use of protobuf inside other
standards. I am currently writing a RFC for another Google project
which uses Protobuf and the chances of I think the chances of that
becoming a standard when Protobuf is not are fairly remote.

Lots of crickets attending this discussion, but I'll add my opinion
anyway.

Practically speaking, this is probably as straightforward as
formalizing the existing documentation in the appropriate RFC style.
I would still be interested to help with the writing and editing
involved.

However, it does seem rather important that those involved with the
Google reference implementation would at least give any such
submission their blessing.  So... How do you guys feel about this?

-ntd