I am exploring the protocol buffer. I have come across the scenario
where i need to filter the records of the message stored in binary
file with respect to field value.
My message structure is :

message Person {
  required string name = 1;
  required int32 id = 2;        // Unique ID number for this person.
}

I have stored the 50 records for the message. I want to filter the
persons with id from 2 to 5.

Does protocol buffer provide support like "SQL query/XPath query" to
retrieve the selective data from binary file?

During my learning I came across Protocol Buffer Editor tool
(RecordEdit_protobuf_ Editor) which has such filter support for
protocol buffer.

Please let me know if there is any API available to use for such
scenarios (filtering based on the field value) or custom logic need to
be put in to achieve this.