This is a result of SourceTreeDescirptorDatabase not implementing
FindFileContainingSymbol() - it doesn't maintain an index of the types
available in the database within the database, just the list of files that
are available. This is a sufficient implementation for the proto compiler,
where one specifies the files to build and thus FindFileByName() is always
called.

I'm not aware of any DescriptorDatabase implementations that have all the
types within a source tree indexed - various Google-internal
implementations don't support this either, as there are so many .proto
files that it's typically not useful to load all of them, and we have
clients specify the leaf file explicitly.