Owner: liuj...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 431 by vi...@umich.edu: GWT-compatible Protocol Buffers compiler

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=2649
This feature request on the GWT issue tracker was temporarily put on hold more than a year ago. The protobuf issue tracker might possibly be better suited, so I opened the issue here.

Protocol buffers are even more important today than they were when this feature was first proposed (back in 2008). Google started work on this feature in 2010, but put it on hold in October 2011. It would be great if the Protobuf Team could pick up where the GWT Team left off, or perhaps both teams could complete it together.

Our research group just received a grant from Google AppEngine Education Awards, and we are very interested in having this feature. GWT-compatible protocol buffers would significantly advance several of our research projects.