Hi,

I'm using protobuf 2.5.

Looking at the generated code of my messages and the documentation, I don't
see a function that
would be generated and would know how to check all fields, both required
and optional, see
if they are all set (check the has_ members).

If such function already exists, could you point me to it please? I might
have missed something.

To explain my context:
I have messages being basically "state" message of different objects, which
provide full or partial state of an object.
These messages are used in other messages that might send partial update or
full update/creation of an object.
Now, in some cases, I expect full updates, which means optional fields MUST
be set when I receive the message (typically when I receive a message
saying an object have been created on the server).
I want to add an assertion that the message is complete, but as said I
can't find a way to do this.
Using only required fields would be expensive and duplicate code (though
I'm consider doing that - I don't know if networking will be a bottleneck
yet).
The IsInitialized() function is obviously not enough in my case.

Thanks for your time.

Joel Lamotte