Comment #7 on issue 459 by askl...@gmail.com: Wildcard input path for proto files does not work in 2.5.0rc1

In that case, the Visual Studio solution included in the protobuf source code has a bug. You need to add "/link setargv.obj" in the protoc .vcproj file.

See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8bch7bkk%28v=vs.110%29.aspx
http://askldjd.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/windows-wildcard-path-expansion/

I would love to submit a patch, but I don't have the compatible Visual Studio version as the one in the protobuf source code. The fix should be very trivial, however.

Thanks for the help.

... Alan