Comment #1 on issue 556 by 10wa...@gmail.com: Unable to cross-compile for
i686-w64-mingw32 with Cygwin
Nick is cross compiling on Cygwin for mingw. The problem is that the build
calls the just built protoc, this is taboo in cross compile mode. From what
I understand protoc is also a tool that is installed. What needs to be done
is the following:
1. If cross compiling, ensure user has already a native version installed.
Do this by:
2. Add AC_CHECK_PROG to configure.ac to find whatever build time required
tools, abort if it is not found when $build != $host.
4. Optionally, check the version of installed protoc and other tools when
cross compiling, abort as necessary.
3. Set PROTOC variable to the path of installed and working protoc/tools if
in cross compile mode, else use the usual just-built "$oldpwd/protoc". Do
this for other tools as well.
4. Modify Makefile.am as necessary to call through the new variables.
Changes in documentation:
1. Require user to already have an installed version if cross compiling.
2. Optionally require user to have the same version when cross compiling.
You received this message because this project is configured to send all
issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Protocol
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.