Well, fundamentally, it should all work fine. So you're doing
something wrong. Your best bet for getting further help would be
supplying a full repro, i.e. the full proto spec + data being parsed.
The fact that it says 9 {} and not details {} means that it doesn't
seem to know about the details field at all. Try changing "test = 1"
to "testasdf = 1" and see if that is reflected in the output...