I created some code that puts 10 GPB messages into a file. When I look at
the file with a hex editor all of the messages are in the file.

I now want to read the messages back in, processing them 1 at a time. The
following produces only the last record in the input file. What am I
missing? How do I read each message individually?

Yes I know the below is an infinite loop.

require 'protobuf/message/message'
require 'protobuf/message/enum'
require 'protobuf/message/service'
require 'protobuf/message/extend'

module Test
  class Interface < ::Protobuf::Message
    defined_in __FILE__
    required :string, :name, 1
    optional :bool, :deleted, 2
  end
  class System < ::Protobuf::Message
    defined_in __FILE__
    required :string, :name, 1
    optional :bool, :deleted, 2
  end
  class Rec < ::Protobuf::Message
    defined_in __FILE__
    optional :uint32, :timestamp, 1
    optional :System, :system, 2
    repeated :Interface, :interface, 3
  end
end

jrec = Test::Rec.new
counter = 1
file = File.open("test", "r")
while (jrec.parse_from_file(file))
   puts "#{jrec.system.name}: #{counter}"
   counter = counter + 1
end
file.close

if I do a jrec.display, the last message in the file is what I see.