I have come across an issue not quite sure how to solve in the best way

Setting a repeated list of strings to an empty list (to start fresh). The
only solution I have

while True:
  try:
    object.repeated_list.remove(object.repeated_list[0])
  except IndexError:
     break;

I essentially loop through removing the first object until I hit an index
error. I'm looking for the best equivalent of

object.repeated_list = []

Is this the best route, or is there an easier way? Thanks in advance.