Hi,

When using *BinaryToJsonString *or *BinaryToJsonStream*, I seem to
encounter a problem whenever there's a message containing a string
containing multibyte characters.
After some debugging, it seems the place where things start to go wrong is
in *ReadCodePoint* (in json_escaping.cc) when the first byte of the
multibyte character is being read from the string (as char) and assigned
into a variable of type uint32. This casting directly from a signed 1-byte
value to an unsigned 4-byte value seems to produce values that are
different than intended and different than expected a little later on by
some *if-else* statements trying to look at that value to determine the
correct length of the multibyte character. From there things go wrong and
the string isn't serialized and just gets dropped...

For now as a temporary solution I added a cast of the value returned by
StringPiece's *operator[ ]* to uint8 before the assignment into uint32, but
any advice or a more permanent solution will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron