Hi Feng,

Thanks for your confirmation.

For our issue of not able to send messages after upgrading to protobuf
2.6.1, our application depends on an API which was compiled with
protobuf 2.4.1, when we try to use that particular API in our application
with protobuf 2.6.1, we get the following exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This is supposed to be overridden
by subclasses.
        at
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.getUnknownFields(GeneratedMessage.java:192)

Some other sources on the net saying messages compiled with a particular
version of protobuf would not work when run with a different version of
protobuf.

Is there a solution to this issue, provided that I won't be able to change
the API that depends on protobuf 2.4.1?

Thanks,
Francis