Relates to my (awan1) comment on this issue
<https://github.com/google/protobuf/issues/881>. I am struggling with
including a Python package generated from a protobuf package, because the
way protobuf compiles an import statement is

    import "a/b/c.proto"    ->    from a.b import c_pb2

and when the resultant package is included in a wider package, it gives an
ImportError: no module named a.b.

At this point I'd be happy if anyone had a good workaround. I am going to
have to resort to path-wrangling in each file that tries to import this
package, which is ugly but works. The dream solution (as mentioned in the
Github issue) is to have protoc generate nice relative imports and complete
packages... And given that the "package" label is given and ignored for
protobuf, this doesn't seem impossible: when compiling a package, use that
to figure out how the path names should be changed to relative imports?