I've got some javascript generated from protoc and I'm trying to compile
all those files together with closure-compiler so I can use them in a
client app.

I'm using Grunt and closure compiler and can provide my gruntfile and
generated javascript if it would help.

My problem is that the closure compiler gives me a namespace error for each
type defined in the protobuf.

ERROR - namespace "proto.gov.noaa.alaskafisheries.demoperson.protos.Person"
cannot be provided twice
goog.provide('proto.gov.noaa.alaskafisheries.demoperson.protos.Person');

And so on for each type defined in the .proto.

So far as I can tell these are only provided once in the generated file,
and I've pared down my compilation attempt to that single file + the
closure library and protobuf library files.

I've googled the heck out of it and I'm stumped.  I've gotten everything
working with https://github.com/dcodeIO/ProtoBuf.js/ but I'd like to be
able to use google's generated code rather than bring in another library
just for the javascript client.