Hi,

I m running system installed libprotobuf version 2.6 on Debian Jessie, it
does not support json conversion. I need json conversion and I have build
latest protobuf version 3 from source which supporting json conversion, but
all our communications are using prottobuf version 2, do I need to add
syntax = "proto2"; to all my legacy messages or not? I think the default is
for proto2 I don't need to do it, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, I think that json conversion is avilable for running on version 2 as
well, correct?

Thank you.

- j