I am trying to define my own messages representing python classes that I
want to serialize. However, I need to import any.proto or timestamp.proto
in my .proto files to represent certain messages

syntax = "proto3";import "/google/protobuf/any.proto";

message Test {
   Any var1 = 1;}

However, seems like the protobuf installation does not come with any .proto
files. I am using python 3.5 and have protobuf 3.5.2 installed. I tried to
look under google/protobuf/ but just found the compiled files like
ant_pb2.py and timestamp_pb2.py. I am following docs here to import
any.proto - https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/proto3#any