I would imagine that most implementations are still going to use field
number order. Is there a specific reason you need to control it? Most JSON
tools won't care, and if you want to control the JSON, frankly you
shouldn't be using an opinionated serializer like protobuf - you should be
using a suitable highly configurable JSON-dedicated serializer for your
platform.