Hi,

Yes, we had tried adding particular files which the error specified but was
not available in the lite package and it led to other similar errors.

Plus the latest firebase library we are using requires us to use the
protobuf-lite and is not allowing us to use Java.

Anything else which can be done here?

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 03:29:11 UTC+5:30 de...@perez.earth wrote:

> Have you had any success using the recommended protobuf-java packages?
> Seems like you cannot rely on protobuf-lite.
>
> On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 9:49:38 AM UTC-7 nara...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any update on this please?
>>
>> We are stuck due to this
>>
>> On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 18:03:18 UTC+5:30 Narayan Tendulkar
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Below is a blocker we are facing related to protobuf which are blocked
>>> on, the github thread for the same is as per here.
>>> https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431
>>>
>>> I am facing the below error while building my app:
>>>
>>> Cause: protoc: stdout: . stderr: google/protobuf/descriptor.proto: File
>>> not found.
>>> google/api/annotations.proto:20:1: Import
>>> "google/protobuf/descriptor.proto" was not found or had errors.
>>> google/api/annotations.proto:26:8: "google.protobuf.MethodOptions" is
>>> not defined.
>>> google/api/annotations.proto:19:1: warning: Import google/api/http.proto
>>> but not used.
>>>
>>> Can you please point me to the solution to this as I am unable to find
>>> any.
>>>
>>> Gradle dependencies : App - level gradle :
>>> protobuf { protoc { artifact = 'com.google.protobuf:protoc:3.8.0' }
>>> generateProtoTasks { all().each { task -> task.builtins { java { option
>>> "lite" } } } } } implementation "io.grpc:grpc-okhttp:1.31.1 implementation
>>> "io.grpc:grpc-stub:1.31.1" implementation
>>> 'javax.annotation:javax.annotation-api:1.2' implementation
>>> 'com.google.protobuf:protobuf-javalite:3.12.0'
>>>
>>> Project - level gradle:
>>> classpath 'com.google.protobuf:protobuf-gradle-plugin:0.8.13'
>>> <https://github.com/ejona86>
>>> Collaborator
>>> *ejona86 <https://github.com/ejona86> *commented on Sep 2
>>> <https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431#issuecomment-685750337>
>>>
>>> protobuf-javalite does not support descriptors; it does not have
>>> generated code for them nor the .proto. See
>>> protocolbuffers/protobuf#7331
>>> <https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/issues/7331>
>>> <https://github.com/meghanashastri>
>>> Author
>>> *meghanashastri <https://github.com/meghanashastri> *commented on Sep 3
>>> <https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431#issuecomment-686278257>
>>>
>>> Can you please tell me how to fix this ? Since I cannot use protobuf
>>> java and javalite which I was using earlier, but after updating all my
>>> firebase libraries I have to use only javalite.
>>> Pointing me to fix this would really be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> <https://github.com/ejona86>
>>> Collaborator
>>> *ejona86 <https://github.com/ejona86> *commented on Sep 3
>>> <https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431#issuecomment-686592584>
>>>
>>> The main workaround I would know is to copy descriptors.proto into your
>>> repo and generate code for it. (There's probably a way with gradle to
>>> download the protobuf release zip and extract just the one file; but that'd
>>> be more plumbing.)
>>> <https://github.com/meghanashastri>
>>> Author
>>> *meghanashastri <https://github.com/meghanashastri> *commented on Sep 14
>>> <https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431#issuecomment-691857195>
>>>
>>> Could you please point me to the protobuf release zip ?
>>> <https://github.com/ejona86>
>>> Collaborator
>>> *ejona86 <https://github.com/ejona86> *commented on Sep 14
>>> <https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431#issuecomment-692165887>
>>>
>>> There's a couple to choose from:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/releases/download/v3.13.0/protobuf-java-3.13.0.zip
>>> https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/archive/v3.13.0.zip
>>>
>>> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/3.13.0/protobuf-java-3.13.0.jar
>>> <https://github.com/meghanashastri>
>>> Author
>>> *meghanashastri <https://github.com/meghanashastri> *commented on Sep 15
>>> <https://github.com/google/protobuf-gradle-plugin/issues/431#issuecomment-692511486>
>>>
>>> I added the descriptor.proto file in my project.
>>>
>>> Got the following error:
>>> Cause: protoc: stdout: . stderr: google/logging/v2/logging.proto:23:1:
>>> warning: Import google/rpc/status.proto but not used.
>>> google/logging/v2/logging_config.proto:21:1: warning: Import
>>> google/protobuf/timestamp.proto but not used.
>>> google/protobuf/duration.proto: File not found.
>>> google/rpc/error_details.proto:19:1: Import
>>> "google/protobuf/duration.proto" was not found or had errors.
>>> google/rpc/error_details.proto:41:3: "google.protobuf.Duration" is not