On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM, William Henry <whe...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

The easy(er) thing to do here if you wanted to experiment with some kind of
optimized loopback would be to have the driver feed bytes directly between
pn_input and pn_output. That would eliminate the overhead of actually
sending bytes through the loopback socket. I have no idea how significant
that would be since the transport would still be encoding and decoding
every frame. Doing something that avoided the codec overhead would likely
provide significantly more savings, but would be more involved as you'd
have to code against interfaces that are currently private to the
connection and transport.