Good start to this discussion, Rajith.

I haven't worked with the current JMS client, so I'm not sure what the
"nagging issues" are, but my first reaction to the #2 path is it may give
you more opportunity for support in more environments over time. I can
envision proton going into environments where Qpid may not be, such as
embedded and low-power situations.

FWIW,
-Steve