----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Conway" <acon...@redhat.com>
To: proton@qpid.apache.org
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:50:56 AM
Subject: Re: bug?   interaction between two senders

On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 05:22 -0500, Michael Goulish wrote:
> Have I found a bug ?
>

> scenario
> {
>   receiver
>   {
>     I start a receiver and it subscribes to ports 6666 and 6667.
>     In a loop, it starts trying to recv messages.  I set timeout
>     to 700 msec, so it keeps looping and tells me whenever it
>     gets a message.
>   }
>

>   senders
>   {
>     From two separate shells, I start two senders simultaneously,
>     node A sending to 6666, and node B sending to 6667.
>     Both senders will send 10 messages.
>   }
>

>   great expectation
>   {
>     I want to see the receiver's print-outs indicating that it
>     is receiving messages from both senders, interleaved.
>   }
>

>   grim reality
>   {
>     The receiver gets messages only from sender A until
>     sender A stops.
>     Then the receiver gets all the messages from sender B.
>     Sender B hangs at its first call to pn_messenger_send()
>     until sender A calls stop().
>   }
>

>   comment
>   {
>     uh-oh.
>   }
>
> }

10 messages is not a lot. I would guess (hope!) that 10 messages can be
sent in less than the time it takes to  start the second sender
processes. Try 10000 messages before you raise a bug.

Cheers,
Alan.

In the senders, I am only sending one message per second, so I get to see them
printed out by the receiver as they arrive.
So if credit were distributed across both links, I would expect to see messages
come in randomly from both senders, until they are both done.