I am trying to catch up with you to reproduce your problem.  So far I
can build on linux with "cmake -DBUILD_WITH_CXX=ON".  That works, so
we know the problem is unrelated to swig itself or the switch to C++.
It is either some problem with Visual Studio or a lack of strictness
with g++.

The warning you are seeing is from the Visual C++ compiler, and is
just a warning.  It is indeed a high profile suspect, but perhaps a
red herring also.

Right now I am trying to untangle the exact steps cmake is feeding
into the vcxproj file so that I can compile the swig generated file by
hand and zero in on the problem.  But I don't claim to be in a better
position to solve this than you.  I doubt I will progress this much
before the end of my day here.  If you make further progress, let me
know so that we can minimise duplicated effort.

Cliff