I took a look at the failure. The java Messenger impl seems to be hanging
on the new test before it even gets to the asserts that have anything to do
with the bug. I fixed the test harness so that it no longer hangs, but it
is still timing out and I'm not really familiar enough with the java
Messenger code to figure out why.

--Rafael