I have just committed the first revision [1] of the Proton logging Java
classes under PROTON-343.  Among the tasks remaining, the bulk of the work
will be in proton-c and proton-jni:

1. Defining and implementing proton-c logging functions in line with the
new Java API.****

2. Implementing proton-jni’s logging methods to allow it to pass a Java
logger callback to proton-c.****

** **

Does anyone have a view on how the proton-c functions should look?

Any volunteers for implementing them?

** **

The other outstanding tasks are:****

- Define the full set of logging functions in EngineLogger, MessengerLogger
et al.****

- Modify existing Proton classes to actually use the new logging classes.***
*

** **

Phil****

** **