On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Andreas Mueller <a...@iit.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't find a way to set the application properties of a message in
> Proton-C. Can someone give me a hint?

You should be able to access the application properties like this:

pn_data_t *properties = pn_message_properties(message);

You can then use the data API to access/modify the values, e.g.:

pn_data_put_map(properties);
pn_data_enter(properties);
pn_data_put_string(properties, ...); // key 1
pn_data_put_xxx(properties, ...);  // value 1
pn_data_put_string(properties, ...); // key 2
pn_data_put_yyy(properties, ...); // value 2
pn_data_exit(properties);

> Is there something like a user guide or getting started docs about
> Messenger?

What we have is currently available here:

  http://qpid.apache.org/components/messenger/index.html

It is probably a bit more developed for the python binding than for the C
API itself. Certainly accessing/manipulating data is properly
under-documented in C as all of that is done automatically in the python
binding and so requires much less documentation. Let me know if there are
particular parts you'd like to see filled out and I'll see about improving
them.