Am 09.01.2014 um 21:15 schrieb Rafael Schloming <r...@alum.mit.edu>:

> What we have is currently available here:
>
>  http://qpid.apache.org/components/messenger/index.html
>
> It is probably a bit more developed for the python binding than for the C
> API itself. Certainly accessing/manipulating data is properly
> under-documented in C as all of that is done automatically in the python
> binding and so requires much less documentation. Let me know if there are
> particular parts you'd like to see filled out and I'll see about improving
> them.

What would really helpful is a one-page user guide where you explain the
Messenger API. I want to know e.g. how to use the different QoS exactly-once,
at-most-once, at-least-once and all that stuff I can do with that API without
jumping from one header file to another. Provide basic samples with snippets in
the different supported language bindings.

I think Messenger API is quite comparable with SwiftMQ's AMQP 1.0 Client. This
is how our client is documented:

http://www.swiftmq.com/products/router/swiftlets/sys_amqp/client/index.html

That's it. Doesn't took much effort to create it.

Proton is *the* standard AMQP 1.0 driver. It would be a shame if users went
frustrated away from it like one of our customers who is now using the Rabbit C
0.9.1 client with SwiftMQ.

--
Andreas Mueller
IIT Software GmbH, Bremen/Germany

IIT Software GmbH
Fahrenheitstr. 13, D28359 Bremen, Germany
Tel: +49 421 330 46 088, Fax: +49 421 330 46 090
Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 18624, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Andreas Mueller
Steuernummer: 460/118/06404 VAT: DE199945912