On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 05:16 -0700, Dominic Evans wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

> Michael Goulish wrote
> > After getting complete data for a 10 gigamessage interbox test,
> > ( proton-c, event interface, code here:
> > https://github.com/mick-goulish/proton_c_clients.git )
> >
> > ...I see that there is no gradual speed change at all over the duration of
> > the test.
>
> I noticed that there wasn't a properly declared license in your repository,
> I wonder if you'd be willing to add a LICENSE for
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 and update the headers of psend.c
> / precv.c to match? Currently there seems to be a comedy copyright header
> instead :)
>
> This would allow other qpid-proton developers to contribute to these as
> generic event-driven samples and/or performance harnesses that could end up
> under either ./contrib/ or ./examples/

Myself I'd like to see these go directly in the proton tree ASAP, with
the required copyright of course :)

I think they will play a role like qpid-send and qpid-receive do for
testing the Qpid broker & clients. They are tremendously useful building
blocks for all kinds of interesting tests. I want to be able to use them
in proton ctest tests, dispatch tests etc. etc.

Where to put them? A lesson from qpid-send/receive is that there are
people downstream who don't always work from source distros that really
need tools like these, so wherever they go I'd like to see them be
installed. I would suggest putting them under examples, since a)
examples are installed and b) they actually are good examples as well.