On 01/16/2015 08:06 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
One thing that I did want to mention (and forgot, obviously) is that
for things like non-blocking IO, we want to make sure the API works
well not just with eventlet but also with asyncio[0].

Also, it'd be worth taking a look at how the Twisted[1] api works since
it's a long-time python project with an event based API like the one
you guys are building for proton.

Yes, I very much agree on both points. There is a JIRA (with a patch attached I believe) for python 3 support, and once that is in then figuring out how it would work well with asyncio is one of the things I've had in mind. Likewise with twisted.

I knocked a couple of quick examples using the tornado event loop. There is still some work there though to better control the write interest in AMQP sockets, when that is triggered by non-AMQP events.

Hope this helps,
Flavio

[0] https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio.html
[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted