On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 03:46:34PM -0500, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> +1 Though, I was hoping we could avoid having to manually do things...

So I have a working POC that assigns a Ruby object to a C struct in such
a way as to keep the Ruby object from being reaped. The solution (for
now) stores the object in a hidden global array for such objects for as
long as they're held by the C structure and, when C is deleted or the
reference changed, the object is removed from the array and available
for reaping.

I submitted a question to the Swig users mailing list, but that seems to
be pretty low traffic and effectively unmanned ATM. Only 15 posts there
in the last month and none of them have followups.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/