As many of you know I've been working on implementing a SASL AMQP
protocol layer that does more than PLAIN and ANONYMOUS for proton-c.

I'm currently in at a point where the work is reasonably functional
(with some gaps)

I've put together a fairly comprehensive account of this work on the
Apache wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/B5cWAw

If you are at all interested please go and look at the proposal and
comment on it there.

You can see my actual code changes in my github proton repo:
https://github.com/astitcher/qpid-proton/commits/sasl-work

[This is my working branch, so not all the changes make a lot of sense,
just pay attention to the tip of the branch]

In a short while when people have had enough time to absorb the proposal
and comment I will post a code review of the actual code changes. As
there are substantial API changes I'd like to get this in for 0.9
because we were intending to stabilise the API at this point.

Thanks.

Andrew