On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Darryl L. Pierce <dpie...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 09:44:41AM -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Darryl L. Pierce <dpie...@redhat.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 05:45:20AM -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > > > Can you post an isolated reproducer with just your definition of
> > > pn_rbkey_t
> > > > and a code version of the 5 steps that lead to the seg fault?
> > >
> > > On my PROTON-781-reactive-ruby-apis branch is an example named
> > > "$REPO/examples/ruby/registry_test.rb" which does it. It's very pared
> > > down, only
> > > creating 3 Transport instances and consistently produces the segfault.
> > >
> >
> > That branch has about a 15 thousand line delta from master. That's a lot
> of
> > lines of code to hide a subtle memory bug. The pn_rbkey_t definition and
> > enough ruby code to use it in a proof of concept should only require a
> few
> > hundred line delta from master. I suggest producing just this delta for
> two
> > reasons. 1) Just the act of producing it will help narrow down where the
> > bug is, and 2) it gives me a much smaller delta to look at so I can be
> more
> > useful to you.
> >
> > (I did run the registry_test.rb that you pointed to through a debugger,
> > however its not obvious what the issue is upon inspection of the trace,
> and
> > while the ruby.i delta is pretty self contained, the details of how you
> are
> > using it from ruby are somewhere buried in the 15K diff.)
>
> I've pulled the pertinent pieces into a new branch:
>
> http://github.com/mcpierce/Proton/tree/rbkey-isolation
>
> The changes are all here:
>
>
> http://github.com/mcpierce/Proton/commit/2dc770992a7c02fe2054a4a77325a199e39b9c94
>
> and it blows up exactly as I've been experiencing.
>

I made a bunch of line comments.

--Rafael

Reply via email to