On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 03:12:51PM +0100, Frank Quinn wrote:
> I hit  a strange issue today when setting up a qpid proton development
> environment on a fresh CentOS 6 VM. I first found the issue in our
> application, but when I went a little deeper, I realized I could recreate
> the issue with the qpid proton send and recv example applications. All you
> need to do is run ‘send’ on its own and the pn_messenger_send call hangs
> indefinitely. If you start ‘recv’ first, it works fine, but ‘send’ on its
> own hangs every time.
>
> This is contrary to its behaviour on my Fedora 21 laptop (latest yum
> provisioned 0.8 version) where it always attempts once, logs a failure,
> then exits (which is what I would expect).
>
> This effectively deadlocks our application. So far, I’ve tried compiling
> qpid proton c myself (both 0.8 and 0.9.1), setting pn_messenger_send
> timeout to 1 (it was previously -1), turning off iptables entirely and
> disabling selinux and rebooting but no luck. Is this something you folks
> have seen before?

Hrm, this isn't something I've heard reported before. Does it do the
same if you use the Python recv.py example as well?

Also, can you do the following:

 $ PN_TRACE_FRM=1 ./recv [options]

and share the output displayed?

Also, is this solely with binaries you've built or are you installed
RPMs from EPEL for Proton?

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/