On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 10:07 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 07/13/2015 11:22 PM, aconway wrote:
> > I've got a (very rough, very incomplete) draft of the tutorial for
> > the
> > C++ binding up on http://people.apache.org/~aconway/proton/
> >
> > I'm interested in feedback on whether this is going in the right
> > direction. Hope to have this complete in a day or two, along with
> > more
> > substantial API doc for the C++ API.
>
> Looks good to me (but then I'm a bit biased!).

I moved the discussion of broker vs. direct up front with instructions
to run the example broker, I found that confusing. Other than that I
love the structure of the tutorial, does a nice job of building
concepts.

One other thing I think needs some explanation and consistency is the
relationship between URLs, connection addresses and queue/topic names.

"As we only need then to initiate one link, the sender, we can do that
by passing in a url rather than an existing connection, and the
connection will also be automatically established for us."

I think we need to spell out that the /path part of the URL is the
queue/topic name. I'm wary to use the term "AMQP address" since the
addressing spec is a little unclear at this point (esp. on the point as
to whether connection info is or is not part of the link
source/target.)