Ok, there is definitely something odd going on.

I noticed that the CI job on the ASF Jenkins that is running the Java
tests via cmake/ctest is indeed failing with issues like you
described. I then tried doing that here (though I did it last week as
well) and it similarly blew up. I then used git-clean to clear up my
checkout and repeated things, and they passed.

Robbie

On 19 August 2015 at 17:38, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems to be working here, and passed in CI on all the runs from
> commits yesterday:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-proton-j/
>
> NoSuchMethodError is an interesting one. I think code in that area
> will have changed with Bozo's recent commit, but the only likely way
> that should cause issues is if something stale is in the loop,
> otherwise I'd expect compilation issues. I tend only to see
> NoSuchMethodError when running Eclipse and MAven (CLI) builds in the
> same tree at the same time and they can trip each other up. Other than
> that, not really.
>
> Robbie
>
> On 19 August 2015 at 16:54, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> The proton-j tests appear to be failing on master for me, even for a
>> completely clean build with all the stuff that proton-j generates in the
>> source tree removed as well:
>>
>>> Leaked an instance of
>>> 'sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl[/127.0.0.1:36861]' from:
>>> java.lang.Exception
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.impl.LeakTestReactor$TestIO.serverSocketChannel(LeakTestReactor.java:64)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.impl.AcceptorImpl.<init>(AcceptorImpl.java:89)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.impl.ReactorImpl.acceptor(ReactorImpl.java:429)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.ReactorTest.connect(ReactorTest.java:235)
>>

>>> Tests run: 49, Failures: 11, Errors: 22, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.198
>>> sec <<< FAILURE!
>>> connect[0](org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.ReactorTest)  Time elapsed:
>>> 0.008 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.engine.impl.CollectorImpl.put(Lorg/apache/qpid/proton/engine/Event$Type;Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/apache/qpid/proton/engine/impl/EventImpl;
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.engine.impl.ConnectionImpl.put(ConnectionImpl.java:644)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.engine.impl.ConnectionImpl.collect(ConnectionImpl.java:626)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.impl.ReactorImpl.connection(ReactorImpl.java:416)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.ReactorTest.connect(ReactorTest.java:258)
>>

>>> barfOnLink[1](org.apache.qpid.proton.reactor.ReactorTest)  Time elapsed:
>>> 0.008 sec  <<< FAILURE!