Sure enough.

I can live with telling people to get a real browser and having all
IE6 requests getting the non-compressed version. No problem with
that. :)

Anyway, in most situations, just using the libs as-is and providing
proper content expiration works fine enough.
The gzipping is just the icing on the bandwidth cake.

Best,
Thomas