IMHO it would be the better way to make the Insertion class be aware of dom
content and use it in the element methods, which would allow both "new
Insertion.XXX" and "$('el').insertXXX". I do not understand why the
Abstract.Insertion Class only takes a string...

The rewrite isn't that big and should not have deep impact on performance,
compatibility or something else.

I've just created http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7879

brgds, sigi