On 5/1/07, Gareth Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apologies, I actually searched and found #7744
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7744
>
> Gareth

Gareth,

The intention is good, but the idea - not so much. While Prototype does tons
of great stuff to built-in prototypes, adds methods and fixes bugs, until
now we never messed around with original DOM methods.

What we will do (and already have - check the dom branch in SVN) is turn
Element into a constructor, so you will be able to:

  var ele = new Element('div', { attr: value, ... })

This will be available in 1.5.2. You can of course steal it from the branch
and use earlier than that.