On May 23, 7:16 am, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> With the latest prototype (1.5.1), the next() function (and probably
> also prev() and the rest of the navigation function) cause a
> tremendous slowdown in IE if they are used with the following syntax:
> next(Number). From what I saw in the code, that translates to a
> Selector with a '*' expression. Using next(null, 1) solves the
> slowdown problem.

This is troubling to me. I could've sworn I fixed this back when I
wrote the Selector code, but perhaps I just fixed it for the no-
arguments case and not the one-numeric-argument case. We'll address
this in 1.5.2.

> Also, since this might be related,
> getElementsByClassName is also very slow in this release.

Compared to which release? Care to post some benchmarks?

Cheers,
Andrew